July 1, 2017
Oh my gosh, were past the half way point of 2017....THANK YOU for the support and fun you have provided your club in 2017.
I have received 150 email messages and comments suggesting that you absolutely love my Monthly Messages. You find them interesting, informative, and anxiously await them the first week of each month. OK, I may have made up that "LOVE" thing, but you all seem very appreciative. So that's all I can ask..
So here goes... A few things that will make you proud to be a member of the best club in Westbrook Village.
1. Your "Boom Boom Burger Bash" is on July 4th at 7:00pm courtside. If you have not registered please drop Diane Durnell a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cost to attend is $5.00. We are currently at 65+ attendees and are all excited to enjoy the grilling delight of Laurus, Chuck B and Steve M. Thanks guys for agreeing to be our grill masters!!
2. Your "Comfort Area" (Fans, mister/shade netting) is available at courtside. Please be aware, if you "set-it-up, then you must also take responsibility to "take-it-down ". We have committed to the HOA that it will not be left out overnight. Several members have keys for the courtside lock box. Talk to Chuck, Deb, Liz or Rick.
3. I always suggest Better is Better... But, WOW, thank-you for your attention to card swipping. We are up by 21% over 2016: 8,233 vs 6,780 You are making a difference. Keep it going!!
4. We have a new Sound System. Lynn Greer has agreed to hold the system. Thank-you Lynn for volunteering! Everyone collect up your best tunes for upcoming spcial events. You will be able to make a Bluetooth connection to your device.
5. I get several call/emails each month asking for membership information. You may have received an email earlier this year providing you access to that information. Password is wbvpb2017. The URL is http://wbvpickleballclub.org/email/archive/Membership_Contact_List_Access1457540160.html
6. Thank-you for accepting the challenge to update your profiles. Our Emergency Contact List, as of July 1st, contains 118 club members. Let's get to 200 by Aug 1st!! Please review and keep it updated. A few do not appear to be correct. A copy is taped inside the utility box courtside. A copy is also in the Vistas Rec Center Pickleball folder, and I will always have a copy with me. (Clink on the link at the bottom of this email)
7. This months HOA Meeting on July 5th at 8:00am in the FALC is one you would like to attend. I have been assured, there will be a discussion on Pickleball Courts.
8. Our Social (Diane), Nominating (Ben/Lois/Larus/ Jack), Training (Ray/Steve/Wayne/Ben, Community Affairs (Mark/Lois/Bill), Publicity ( Kathleen/Melinda/Donna, and Web (liz) Teams are making their list and checking them twice for an outstanding second half. Contact them if you have any ideas or would like to offer your assistance.
9. The July Pickleball Club Board Meeting will not be held on July 13th at 1:00 due to Board member vacations. HOWEVER, an open discussion will be held to start building our Club Policy and Procedures document. I have a template to get us going. Yes, I will bring a box of wine to facilitate the discussion. Vistas Conference Room C at 1:00
10. Psst, Looking for a good time? Are you headed to or near Albert Lea, MN? Then plan stop in to play, watch or cheer at the "Summer Sizzler" Pickleball tournement managed by own John Baurenfeind on August 19th/20th at the Frank Hall Park. Drop John a note at email@example.com.
Bigger is "NOT" Better......Better is Better!!
Let's Play, Now, it's Your Serve,
Westbrook Village Pickleball Club
Take a ride to the wild side>> http://wbvpickleballclub.org/
"Make this the best day of your life,
by adding value to someone else's day!"
Copyright © 2013. Westbrook Village Pickleball Club, 19281 N Westbrook Pkwy, Peoria, AZ 85382Unsubscribe
if you no longer wish to receive our club emails